February 26, 2008

Cleaning the Door

So here is what the door looked like after the rubber was pulled and the panel is off. Inside the torn plastic is old crusty heat/sound insulation. I figured I would rip that out and put new insulation in, this turned out to be a decision of many hours. After I pulled all of the insulation that I could by hand I grabbed my 5 in 1 tool and started scrapping. This I did for a few hours and finally, with a number of skinned knuckles later, it was all off. The passenger side was not as big of a pain in the butt. After all the black insulation was scrapped out, I used my decal remover to take off the rest of the glue and grime. What I am left with is a completely clean door, a clean surface to glue to when I put in my new sound insulation. Was it worth all the hours? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it is done right.

1 comment:

Jocie said...

i appreciate your appreciation for a job done right.