June 30, 2008

Head, Liner, and Sinker

Ah the headliner. In my JBugs dvd on how to replace the headliner he mentioned that an experienced person could finish a bug headliner in 4 to 6 hours. I am not experienced, nor was my brother, and my headliner is about twice the size and has 3 times as many windows. We had a fun time... One major bump was when my brother dropped the hook/spring deal that the liner rods hook onto down in the channel above the window. So we were fishing around with magnets and wire and all sorts of thing for about an hour, when we finally figured, lets try the shop-vac. Worked like a charm. Then we glued and cut the front and realized we put it on backwards, so we had to change that... It took us a while and it doesn't look great. But we did it ourselves and it's not horrible. 

No comments: