March 6, 2008

New Colour

I am 95% sure that this will be my new color combo. L-282 Lotus White, which was used on classic type-1s and type-2s, and L-50A Bahia Blue. Now this color I am not as sure about. At Sherwin-Williams it was on an old book, they had the paint chip on an old VW/Audi page. Maybe it was more of an Audi color but I haven't been able to find it online. I don't care too much. I had two cans of paint mixed up to make sure these are the colors I want. My original color was L-50B Diamond Blue, so they are fairly close. Bahia is a bit darker which I think fits better with the late, "fatty" body style such as mine. So here is a little sample I sprayed on a piece of wood. Tell me your thoughts. I am thinking about maybe just going with the original two tone paint scheme, instead of bringing it down lower. I don't know, but I will figure it out soon. At least I have the colors picked. Sorry the picture is a little dark, I took a picture in the sun but it was just shinny and you couldn't see any colors, it just blinded the observer.

No comments: