April 29, 2008

Paint Quotes

I suppose I should talk about this process since it took an entire day and much of my energy. The first place I check out was a place up by deer valley airport which had been referred to me by my neighbor who had some work done on his old 914 there. They were awesome and super nice but wanted $3,500, which is just a bit out of my range. If I had the money I think I would go there but it is hard to justify when I only paid $2,100 for the car. The next place I checked out only because my father made me basically. Select Auto, down on Camelback. This guy came out and said "I won't paint it because I didn't do the body work." Basically came out to look at it, calls my work crap, calls sherwin williams paint "bug spray" and talks about wet sanding at 1000 grit and using paint product that is only used on $100,000 dollar cars. I won't even mention where their bottom of the line price starts. Last place I went was back to Maaco who remembered me, and welcomed me back. He showed me a few cars that were just being finished and made a quote at $1,300, which is quite a bit better than the $2,300 that was quoted before the body work. 

And with that, Maaco it is. At this point, how could they screw it up?

No comments: