April 17, 2008

What Turn Signals?

The holes are patched and I waiting on seals to drill new holes for the new signals. But here is what I have done so far. I put the car up on jacks and took the front wheels off just to have more room. I bent a couple of pieces of metal to the general shape, and then traced the opening on them and cut them to shape and bent them in to pretty much the right shape. Once that was done I taped them in spot with duct tape and tack welded them in the right spot, took the tape off so it wouldn't burn and welded a few more spots. After that I took my grinder and ground down the welds flush with the other metal. Hit the metal around a bit, re-welded a couple spots, same with the grindings and then applied the bondo. I taped the back of the patch so that the bondo wouldn't fall out the back, once it was set up I took that tape off. I also re-enforced the back of the patches will small bits of steel. I primered the inside of the patches with black primer. At that point I put the wheels back on and its back to sanding and filling and sanding and filling... etc... once that was done. I painted them up and this is where I am.


No comments: